What happened to the Database?
When I work with clients, I create a task database to keep track of tasks and status. Both the client and I can add and update tasks, and it provides constant visibility.
I create PHP files to drop, define, load, and list the data base files. I use that technique so that I easily drop, define and rebuild the data base files and reuse the code.
But I had a problem. The database kept being deleted. It was very frustrating. I thought perhaps someone had hacked into the code and was running the database routines to drop and define the database files.
I started to backup the database with any database change, and enhanced both the database backup and restore routines.
Then I put a silent routine into each database PHP routine that sent a silent email with all the information about who was running the routines.
In a few days, I started to get emails showing the database routines were being run and the database files were being dropped. But when I did a IP reverse lookup I was surprised to find that the routines were being run by the Yahoo Crawl Robot.
I did have a robots.txt file disallowing the folder in question, but that was apparently not working.
I had to add a user id and password.