Tombstone is a 1993 American Western film directed by George P. Cosmatos, written by Kevin Jarre, and starring Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, with Sam Elliott, Bill Paxton, Powers Boothe, Michael Biehn, and Dana Delany in supporting roles, as well as narration by Robert Mitchum.
The film is loosely based on events in Tombstone, Arizona, including the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and the Earp Vendetta Ride, during the 1880s. It depicts a number of Western outlaws and lawmen, such as Wyatt Earp, William Brocius, Johnny Ringo, and Doc Holliday.
- Robert Mitchum was the Narrator.
- Charlton Heston has a part in the movie.
- This movie has inspired great loyalty. Many of the lines became part of pop culture.
- Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday was particularly impressive.
- So many of the minor characters added depth to the movie.
- Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp was magnificent.