This is the third episode on the Into the West Miniseries. The two families – one white and one Native American experience many events from the 19th century.
- The Gold Rush and the gold fever (1849)
- Treaty of Fort Laramine (1851)
- The Grattan Massacre (1854)
- Indian Native treaties and broken treaties.
- Bloody Bill Anderson and Quantrill’s Raiders
- One Wheeler becomes a pony express rider
- Another Wheeler becomes an Army Scout
There is a name for this sort of fiction, where one family or one person experiences many of events of a particular time period. This miniseries is one of those types. This is more of a historical series than a Western series.