Bar 20 Rides Again is a 1935 American Western film directed by Howard Bretherton and written by Gerald Geraghty and Doris Schroeder. The film stars William Boyd, James Ellison, Jean Rouverol, George “Gabby” Hayes, Harry Worth, Frank McGlynn Jr. and Howard Lang. The film was released on December 6, 1935, by Paramount Pictures.
This is the third film in the Hopalong Cassidy series and the first in which George “Gabby” Hayes plays Cassidy’s sidekick Windy (not yet “Gabby”).
Hoppy gets a letter from the father of Johnny’s girlfriend asking for help against rustlers. He also asks Hoppy to bring Red, but not Johnny because Margaret is now enamored with an Easterner. Johnny doesn’t believe it and, without Hoppy’s knowledge, he races off to marry Margaret. Hoppy and Red follow 3 hours behind to help the rancher against the rustler known as “Nevada”.
- Another Hopalong Cassidy movie.
- Hopalong Cassidy to the rescue when a friend has cattle being rustled.
- The impetuous Johnny continues to cause trouble.
- The final gunfight was a big battle between 2 groups.
- Hopalong Cassidy saves the day.